Echeques

Setblack
Contributor
Contributor

Have a problem hope someone can help. Placed an order for goods 25/6 money came out instantly from my bank account. eBay showed it as unpaid . When looking on PayPal it shows it was refused. When I look what that means it says refused by recipient . Then it looks as though it was changed to an Echeque and was taking until 4/7 to clear.! In between all this I contacted the supplier and he cancelled the order on eBay . So what happens now how do I get my money back? Also why did this happen? Same day I sent payment to some other company that was shut down by eBay as being fraudulent and got a refund to that but not yet showing on my account! Was I just unlucky to get two weird problems on the same day? Had years of wonderful transactions never any issues

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Setblack

Takes 5-7 working days for echeques to transfer from your bank account > paypal and then to be credited back to your bank account.

It may have left your bank account but that does not mean Paypal have it as they use the slowest transfer option (cheapest to them) and it goes via a clearing house etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Setblack

Takes 5-7 working days for echeques to transfer from your bank account > paypal and then to be credited back to your bank account.

It may have left your bank account but that does not mean Paypal have it as they use the slowest transfer option (cheapest to them) and it goes via a clearing house etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lucy_Hanks
Contributor
Contributor
I paid by direct bank transfer and was due a refund to the original payment method within 2 days; I have been sent a refund by echeque? Taking an extra week to clear, Why is this?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.