JoAnnelee1
Contributor
Contributor

I have stupidly sent an exchequer how can I cancel it

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @JoAnnelee1,

Thank you for your post! An eCheque can't be canceled through PayPal once sent. While it can be stopped by the bank, banks typically charge a fee for stopping payment. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Olivia 

Sellers used to be able to cancel an echeque but is that option no longer available?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kernowlass,

That's a good point. The recipient does have the ability to cancel the eCheque. It just cannot be canceled by the sender. If the recipient is cooperative, that is an option.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Olivia 

Thank you.

Its just quite a few sellers have said they can't see the option on their paypal account and it doesn't seem to be in 'details' where it used to be?

I thought you may have removed that option.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kernowlass,

It should be listed in the Transaction Details, according to this article. If someone's not seeing it there, there may be some issue going on that would need to be looked into.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Olivia 

Thank you, have been searching for that article for eons.   Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.