Echeck still pending?

ErikaBear
Contributor
Contributor

I was sent part of a refund from someone and they sent it via echeck on April 20th, 2018 and paypal said it would be pending until April 25th, 2018 and it is now April 26th, 2018. What should I do now? Before I upgraded to a business account she sent a similar refund but I got it right away, but suddenly this time it's pending

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ErikaBear

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process. Clearance dates are 'estimates'.

2. You funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-want-a-refund.-how-do-refunds-work-faq3248

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ErikaBear

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process. Clearance dates are 'estimates'.

2. You funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-want-a-refund.-how-do-refunds-work-faq3248

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ErikaBear
Contributor
Contributor
Ah thanks. It cleared today so no worries
Login to Me Too

gyw
New Community Member

A money gift was sent to me through my Paypal on Nov. 19, 2018 and paypal said it would clear by the 23rd, which is today.  Thus far, it is still pending in my account.  I have communicated with the sender who said it was taken out of his bank several days ago by Paypal.  I guess it's floating around somewhere in paypalville....how long am I supposed to wait for this?  Is it possible something has gone wrong on paypal's end?

Login to Me Too

Rehzeey
Contributor
Contributor
How long did it take to go through? I’m in the same boat
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey Rehzeey.

Thanks for reaching out.

You can find more information on eCheck payments through the following link https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-is-an-echeck-faq1082?app=searchAutoComplete.

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

Victoria537
New Community Member
I sent some money to a friend and it always went threw...this time it says pending and its a echeck...its never done this before...its left my bank...but still says pending on PayPal end....which is werid...how long u think it will take? And if I cancel it will the mo ey come right bk to me so I can resend it
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.