Echeck has taken 8 days!

mmarland
Contributor
Contributor

I had an incoming deposit on Jan 1st and it still hasn’t cleared. The funds show “money received” on PayPal and the funds were deducted from the sellers account the day they were sent. I’ve tried getting support from PayPal and I’ve been told multiple different things and the customer service seems to have zero insight, knowledge or ability to help me. It says online 3-5 business days on PayPal’s website but today is already the 6th business day. This is a in the US major bank to PayPal echeck. Does anyone know what I can do? I was expecting these funds!! How is holding funds for this long even legal? This seems very fishy. It certainly does not take 6 or more days to clear a check.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Charter1
New Community Member

PayPal used to be great. I can't believe in this day and age why it takes this long for an e-check to clear. And every answer from the remote team is different...I feel lied to and misled. I've been waiting for a refund from a purchase for a SUBSTANTIAL amount, and its been 7 days. Once that refund is done, my PayPal account is being deleted. This is wrong.

Login to Me Too

Djones82
New Community Member
Im late to the conversation but just wanted to know how it turned out? I am in the same boat and getting different info from each paypal member. I have nothing saying pending or anything
Login to Me Too

SavionGlover

Deleted

Login to Me Too

stemmer
Contributor
Contributor
When did you finally get your money? I am on day 8 and PayPal has not been able to tell me anything. My money was for a specific purpose and was expected immediately. I’ve missed two payments because of this insane process. They could have mailed me a box of gold coins faster than this.
Login to Me Too

MichaelaOC96
How long did it take? I’m waiting forever , it still says pending since 4th December it’s now 10th
Login to Me Too

Vko23
Wow I am in the same boat and the fact that this has been happening to many people and PayPal isn’t doing anything is very fishy. Why are you holding our payments paypal?
Login to Me Too

Tifforia
Contributor
Contributor
I can relate. How can they take the money from our accounts the same day but send the funds over a week later??? I was sent money on the first of this month and have yet to receive anything. It says pending. I am beyond disgusted with this company because this is not the first time they are carelessly holding my money without any reason etc. I feel as users we should boycott this company AND take legal action.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.