Echeck Sent pending

cashflowdk
Contributor
Contributor

I sent some money to a friend on paypal and it was sent as an Echeck. The money has been taken out of my bank already but the payment is still pending on paypal it says the clear date is 2/20/2019. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cashflowdk 

When the funds come out of your bank, it does not mean it is over at your PayPal account because the bank does not notify PayPal of this. The funds are processed in batches and have to pass through clear house and bank interchanges and that takes time. Once PayPal gets it and processes the gazillion number of transactions, marks it as cleared and they inform the recipient of this on their end too.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cashflowdk 

When the funds come out of your bank, it does not mean it is over at your PayPal account because the bank does not notify PayPal of this. The funds are processed in batches and have to pass through clear house and bank interchanges and that takes time. Once PayPal gets it and processes the gazillion number of transactions, marks it as cleared and they inform the recipient of this on their end too.

Login to Me Too

cashflowdk
Contributor
Contributor

Ok approximately how long does it normally take?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cashflowdk 

It says that the clearing date is the 20th and today is the 19th, give it up to a couple of days. One day extra for good measure. eChecks are super slow. eChecks are like Media Mail as opposed to priority mail service.

Login to Me Too

cashflowdk
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker  Alright, I am just worried a little because it was money for rent and I sent it the same way as last time. This time it got sent as an echeck and I don't know why, is there a way to prevent that and just send it instantly.

Login to Me Too

cashflowdk
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker  I want to send it instantly next time do i need to make my debit card the preferred method? I don't want the hassle of waiting for echecks to clear.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

cashflowdk
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker  I just wanted to ask, since the money was cleared from my bank account I should be good and I don't have to worry about this being cleared on paypals end?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.