Ebay transaction from compromised account

ChristosN1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello (im not so familiar with paypal and ebay transactions), Anyway, two days ago I made two purchases (Using Paypal) from ebay and i received an ebay message on both of them saying that ' my recent eBay transaction may be from a comprimised account''. Ebay guided me through a procedure to ask for a refund from the seller and so i did. Two days later the status in the paypal transactions are 1: Canceled payment by ****@aol.com and i see the amout of money i paid next to this without (-), like they are added in my paypal acc but actually i see nothing in my connected card yet , and the 2nd :  Reverse Payment from [Name] and the ammout of money that i paid the same way without (-). 
I would like to ask if this is normal and i got a refund on those items and i just have to wait till the money goes back to my connected to paypal card, or if something is going wrong. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChristosN1

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that depends a lot on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChristosN1

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that depends a lot on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ChristosN1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your answer, but what about the one that says Complete but ''canceled payment from ***.aol.com**? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.