Ebay sent my money to someone else's paypal account

nadineweir
Contributor
Contributor
I sold an item on ebay and for some reason they have sent the payment to someone else's paypal account instead of my paypal account, how do I resolve this as ebay was no help
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nadineweir 

Was your PayPal email address in the listing correct?

Read this to troubleshoot and ensure your PayPal email address is correct in the listing form and was correct in the current listing and way to fix it:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/why-are-payments-for-my-ebay-sales-being-sent-to-the-wro...

The buyer will have to request a refund from that person or dispute their money back. Since the money is sent to a different PayPal account you have no control over, you have no fight in that game. The buyer still owes you for the purchase and should pay for it by you giving them the correct PayPal email address to pay to.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nadineweir 

Was your PayPal email address in the listing correct?

Read this to troubleshoot and ensure your PayPal email address is correct in the listing form and was correct in the current listing and way to fix it:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/why-are-payments-for-my-ebay-sales-being-sent-to-the-wro...

The buyer will have to request a refund from that person or dispute their money back. Since the money is sent to a different PayPal account you have no control over, you have no fight in that game. The buyer still owes you for the purchase and should pay for it by you giving them the correct PayPal email address to pay to.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.