Ebay refund hasn't gone into my paypal account

Jsmith31
New Community Member
Hey. I had a refund on an item through ebay and the shop has said they have refunded me but i cant see the money in my bank or paypal account. Ive got a paypal transaction code but not sure how or where to use that. Just wondering what im probably doing wrong. Huge thanks. J
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jsmith31

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that depends a lot on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jsmith31

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that depends a lot on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

christen012345
Contributor
Contributor

im in the same situation ! I used gift cards to make my orders and after requesting and "receiving " my refund it says it was sent to paypal account on file. For starters I didnt even have a paypal account linked to my Ebay when they stated "refund returned to paypal account " lol and there is STILL no money anywheres to be found. I wanna know where my 240$ is !!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.