Ebay/paypal issue

Smm0820
Contributor
Contributor
I recieved a payment confirmation for paypal saying that the customer sent the money, i ended not being able the item and now they want to send them a refund but the money is nowhere to be found in my paypal account, How do i give them a refund when i dont even have the money in my paypal account?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Smm0820

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down under ''postage'' and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Smm0820
Contributor
Contributor
I checked and there was a mistake for my email, what should i do ?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Smm0820

ok then..........

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payments should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will sometimes take from those funds rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie buyers payments rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Smm0820
Contributor
Contributor
I payed a label from USPS thinking it would take it from that money i was supposed to get bet it took it out from my bank account
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.