Ebay (auction) transaction not showing in my paypal account.

Sunny112
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a "new" phone on ebay through auction, using Gixen. I paid $176. The seller sent me a broken item which I needed to return, and that transaction is not showing in my paypal account. 

I'm pretty sure now that the seller sent me a broken phone on purpose because he refused to exchange and claimed that he does not have any replacement phones, when in fact I checked his store and he has more than 10+ of those phones in new condition. Anyway, all of this is besides the point. 

The problem is that my paypal account does not show this specific transaction. Because of that, I  was unable to open a return case through my purchase history and account settings. 

I had to call ebay and their customer rep had to open a return case for me. I mailed the phone back through USPS yesterday, but I'm still worried that the seller may claim that he never received the return (which is a possibility given how dishonest he has already shown himself to be) or the package may even get lost in mail (I had the USPS clerk scan the return package and he had trouble scanning it for some reason, and had to make several attempts ). 

I'm worried that I'll lose my $176 if the item is lost or if the seller claims he never received it or that I broke it, etc..  So, what are my options in case something like that does happen? And how can I get paypal to display that transaction? 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.