Ebay and Pay Pal

Grafit
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, After the Ebay auction was over, I paid with Pay Pal via the Ebay system to the seller (not directly), and received payment and order reports.

The seller claims that he did not receive the money and he did not send the paid goods.

Ebay does not allow me to file a complaint through the usual procedure and Pay Pal returned the wrong answer to the problem and I no longer have the opportunity to address it? My money is in the "air". Paradox.

Any solution? Thank you in advanced.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Grafit 

What does it say next to the transaction in your Paypal account?

1. Pending (with a clearance date on both Paypal accounts
= Echeque and will clear on approx that date.

2. Pending/Unclaimed with a cancel option
= email address spelling error, as that email address is invalid it can't be linked to a Paypal account, so cancel it.

3. Pending/Unclaimed without a cancel option
= email address is valid but not yet linked to a Paypal account. Will time out 30 days post payment if not claimed by someone opening a Paypal account when it may COMPLETE.

4. Payment/Completed or Sent
= you may have to raise a dispute for non receipt if that person won't refund the funds. However if its a family/friends payment then you won't have that option and may have to contact your card issuer if you funded your Paypal payment that way.

5. Pending awaiting authorisation
= normally to a company and will complete when they capture the payment and process your order. If they don't it should time out 30 days post payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Grafit
Contributor
Contributor

Completed.

Once again, it was the usual paying via Ebay with Paypal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Grafit 

Then open a paypal dispute for non receipt of item?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Grafit
Contributor
Contributor

That option is blocked, I would not ask here that I can start the process.
I received an answer from PPal that has nothing to do with the question.

Login to Me Too

Grafit
Contributor
Contributor

After auction the item was paid for (with PPal trough Ebay), the seller did not send the item because he claims that he did not receive the money from PPal. Ebay and PPal have every they have all the evidence of my payment and did not return my money. They blocked the option to request a refun, paradoxically!!

They even categorized it like "We can't help you get a refund for a purchase made outside of eBay because transactions completed outside", although I paid through the Ebay prepared procedure and under the Ebay protect.
After so many years of buying the semi-automatic Ebay-PPal system, this is so ridiculous and fake that I was left without comment. Against human logic. This is systemic cheating.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.