Ebay Seller won't accept Payment "pending"

chunkynutella
Contributor
Contributor

I paid for the item and after getting an email that the seller lodged a "unpaid item case" against me I've found the payment hasn't been accepted.

the payment is sitting there with a cancel option and says "eBay - ***@gmail.com (eBay username) hasn't accepted yet."

Others are saying to cancel it and others are saying it'll get refunded automatically.

How can I go about resolving this without getting any strikes or bad history on my accounts

I've tried contacting the seller many times now pleading to either accept or cancel but I'm getting no response and the claim against me is just sitting there with seemingly no way out of it until they respond.

I paid with a gift card for a small amount of the large payment, not sure if that makes a difference but who knows at this point.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi chunkynutella, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member! 

The seller would be advised of this payment by email, within their PayPal account and within their eBay account. If they choose not to accept the payment, it should not effect your account history. 

Here’s how to cancel an unclaimed payment:

1. Click Activity near the top of the page.
  2. Find the transaction you want to cancel.
  3. Click Cancel on your unclaimed transaction.
  4. Click Cancel Payment.

You can only cancel an unclaimed payment that has a Cancel link next to it under "Order status/Actions." If your payment is complete, you’ll need to contact the recipient of the payment and request a refund.

Tips:

• If you used a credit card to make your payment, it may take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your statement.
  • If you used your bank to make the payment, the refund will process back to your bank, which can take up to 5 business days.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.