EBay payment through PayPal

CaptainPrice55
New Community Member
Hi, so I’m a new seller on eBay and everything seemed to be going well. But after I had sold a few items (all under $100) I got an email from PayPal saying that I have received a payment from the buyer and I need to claim it. But when I click the link in the email it just sends me to the home page of PayPal. There is nothing on PayPal that even suggests that there has been any activity at all. So I then looked on eBay thinking that there might be some kind of hold on the payment, due to me being a new seller. Witch according to EBay there is and so I checked the hold status and it says that I should receive a payment within 24 hours. So I was like Ok sounds good, I thought everything was good and I was just panicking. But then I got another email from PayPal saying that the buyers have canceled the payment and have been refunded. So I contacted the buyers and asked them what was going on. And they said that they just received a refund because I didn’t claim the payment. But I still can’t figure out how to claim any payments. I’m really getting frustrated with this now. Any help will be much appreciated. Am I being impatient or did I do something wrong?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CaptainPrice55 

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.