E Cheque

GLMAC2012
Contributor
Contributor

Why has PayPal sent my payment as an e-cheque when my account is linked to my bank ?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GLMAC2012 

Because your account is linked to your bank maybe?

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer.

However they only do that IF you use.....

1. Bank transfer but have a back up card linked to your account as well.
2. Debit or credit card.
If you have option 1 but have no back up card linked then your payment may go as an echeque and you and the seller will have to await clearance.

You also don't get credited ahead for a friends/family payment, if its a f/f payment then you are the one that has to again take the wait.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Steelcap

Well, I don’t know about the original poster but my account complies with all of the above and yet, suddenly between thousands of normal everyday transactions, Pp decided to make one of my purchase payments into an eCheque - as bad luck would have it, on an item where I’ve paid extra for UPS Next Day Delivery... “The eCheque estimated completion date is [8 days from now]. We advise sellers to not send items until they receive payment.”

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.