Duplicate pay in 3 payment

Madmatt30
Contributor
Contributor
Purchased an item yesterday using Pay in 3. The total amount is £841.07 so the initial payment is £280.36 This is pending twice in my PayPal account (with different transaction Id's) and the money has now been stopped from my bank account - 2 payments totalling £560.72. I'm sure this isn't the norm, I've used pay in 3 quite a lot of late and never had this issue before. Its a huge amount of money to have access to stopped when the order is still pending and money hasn't been officially taken yet.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

LiamMac14
New Community Member
Did you ever find a solution for this problem? The same issue has just happened to me and I’m now stuck without that money and could really do with having it to get me through the rest of the month. Cheers liam
Login to Me Too

Madmatt30
Contributor
Contributor
No, it took between 3 and 4 weeks to sort itself out unfortunately. PayPal and the bank both told me the same thing, to sort it out with the seller themselves to remove the transaction - they would however not reply to any correspondence from me. That's your first port of call I think, hope you have better luck than I did. Matt.
Login to Me Too

Madmatt30
Contributor
Contributor
Also to add making it worse for me. The seller was unable to fulfilil the order anyway - they were listing stock that they didn't have, so I never even got the item anyway and had to buy elsewhere. That was an incredibly tight month for finances.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.