Duplicate Transaction

EDPhse
New Community Member

Hi 

how do i contact paypal regards a duplicate transaction they made.  They have sent me an email as below.  I can see that it has been taken from my credit card twice, but not refunded.  How do I get this resolved ?

Due to a technical issue, one or more of your credit card transactions was duplicated with our processor. The issue has been corrected and the reversal to your card should complete by 30 October.

We apologise for any inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Manny171
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

a Duplicate Transaction? do you remember the amount you had already in your credit card? a Duplicate could be an error but if they are looking into it it can take possibly a 30 days to have a duplicate transaction funded back into your account. the reason why? it could take so long is if your credit card is not a Paypal Bank card if it's a different Bank? & you Linked it with Palpal your going to wait for a long time to get that duplicate charge changed.

that's if you got Charged twice you going to have to prove what you had last in the credit card amount & spot the Duplicate charge yourself your going to be the one to have to provide the proof immediately if you want to be refunded very quickly.

I never heard of a double charge before one time I got a shady charge? it was when I was Sport betting & I used my Paypal never again. don't blame Paypal you should be looking into the place where you purchased it seems all shady get it fixed friend & Quickly & learn from it for next time.

Login to Me Too

EDPhse
New Community Member

It is Paypal's error though as they informed me that it had happened and told me that it would be back on my credit card, which is all linked by 30th October.  I just dont know how to speak to paypal about this.  The email that paypal has sent me tells me it was a technical issue, I have no issue with this, I just want to find out when it will be resolved.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EDPhse

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.