Double payment charged by Paypal

alexd9
New Community Member

Hello,

On the 29th January I paid for 2 items using paypal:

food delivery 20.50 euros

playstation game 59.99 euros

My bank account went into overdraft thus me owing paypal a total of 80.49 euros.

Few days later, on the 1st February, the two payments went through on payday

I also went on my paypal account and paid the negative balance of 80.49 euros

I now have paid twice the amount, I can see the 2 first transactions (for a total of 80.49) charged on my account

and a third one of 80.49 charged which correspond to the zero balance transation on paypal.

I now paid a total of 160.98 euros, which is twice the value of the 2 items I paid for, any advice on this one?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey alexd9,

I'm very sorry to hear about the duplicate transaction. When a payment using a bank account fails, the payment is automatically attempted again after three business days. It sounds like the payment may have been initiated again before you resolved the balance, which caused the duplicate debit to your bank. Your PayPal balance should be positive, which means you can withdraw the funds back to your bank. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.