Double charge, seller hasn't responded

PiiaT
Contributor
Contributor

My husband bought a game online about a month ago. During the transaction (via game's Launcher), he received an error message from Paypal that his payment didn't go through for some reason and to try again later. He did, and on the second try the payment went through and he was able to install and play the game normally.

However, he later noticed on his bank account that he had been charged twice on the same game. He also saw that there were two receipts in his email as well as on his Paypal account. He contacted the seller (in this case, a major gaming company) as recommended, explained the situation and asked for refund, providing codes of the transaction etc. The seller hasn't replied to him via email or their own resolve center two weeks after he first contacted them. He hasn't been able to find another way to request a refund through Paypal. How should he proceed from here?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi PiiaT, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Please ask your husband to dispute the duplicate payment on PayPal.  Here's how to report a billing issue:

1. Go to your Resolution Centre.
  2. Click Report a Problem.
  3. Locate the transaction you want to dispute.
  4. Click the radio button beside the transaction, and click Continue.
  5. Click I have a billing issue.
  6. Select 'Incorrect transaction amount' or 'Subscriptions'.
  7. Provide the requested information and click Submit.

After you open a dispute, you have 20 calendar days to communicate with the seller before the dispute automatically closes. If you can't resolve the problem, you can ask us to investigate by escalating your dispute to a claim.

- Siobhan 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi PiiaT, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Please ask your husband to dispute the duplicate payment on PayPal.  Here's how to report a billing issue:

1. Go to your Resolution Centre.
  2. Click Report a Problem.
  3. Locate the transaction you want to dispute.
  4. Click the radio button beside the transaction, and click Continue.
  5. Click I have a billing issue.
  6. Select 'Incorrect transaction amount' or 'Subscriptions'.
  7. Provide the requested information and click Submit.

After you open a dispute, you have 20 calendar days to communicate with the seller before the dispute automatically closes. If you can't resolve the problem, you can ask us to investigate by escalating your dispute to a claim.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.