Double Charge

Nick9NJS
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

Merry Christmas!

Yesterday I enrolled in Pay in 4. The total amount for my purchase due was $445.02, and the first of 4 payments ($103.74) was deducted from my checking account and listed as "pending." My Pay in 4, however, said I had made 0 payments.

Next, I received an email stating my Pay in 4 plan had changed and that my next 3 payments had increased to $111.26.

This morning, my Pay in 4 still said 0 of 4 payments were made, and that the first payment of $111.26 was due today, so I went ahead and made the payment for $111.26 (and then another payment of $333.76 to cover the remaining 3 payments).

When I logged onto my bank to check my account, I noticed I have the following pending from PayPal:

$103.74 (the first of 4 payments initially deducted)

$111.26 (the "first" payment I made because my PayPal said 0 payments had been made

$333.76 (the second payment I made to cover my remaining balance)

As you can see, I was double charged for my first payment. So what will happen? Will PayPal see I paid my total Pay in 4 balance and credit the $103.74 back to my account, or am I going to have to call my bank - and possibly the fraud department at my bank - and get it taken care of?

Thank you for your help in this matter!

Nick

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.