Donations and Refunds for Youtube through PayPal

Syrm
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, ~

Im a Youtuber who has a channel and i stream, when i stream you can donate using Streamlabs through PayPal. When doing so i recieve the money. 

Say the person who donated is like, 'I want my money back' so they go and 'Report a Problem' When doing so they report it as 'Unautharised Payment' so i then get charged by the donation and a extra $20.00. Is there anyway i can stop people refunding Twitch/Youtube refunding donations?! It costs me money and also i lose money in fees...

Thankyou. Syrm.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Unfortunately, there's no options to stop such actions.   If the person who made the donation, then reports that the transaction was "unauthorized", should PayPal decide in their favor, there's really not much you can do.  

As for any type of seller protection - your transaction is not eligible for coverage under PayPal’s Seller Protection program if it's a donation.   And there's no buyer or donor protection as donations including payments on crowdfunding platforms ineligible items and transactions under PayPal’s Purchase Protection program.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.