Does paypal charge now?

Bernakh
New Community Member
I created a new paypal account for a friend and we made a payment online. At the same time of the purchase, a payment to paypal was made (beside the payment we made for the purchase itself). I do not know if the payment was made for the creation of the paypal account itself, or whether it was made because the payment we made was for an online subscription to streaming services (abroad). Either way, we did not receive a confirmation email for that specific payment. We did receive a payment confirmation for the online subscription itself. How is this possible?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi @Bernakh,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

We do not charge a fee to open a PayPal account. There might be fees associated with receiving or sending payments. For more information, go to our fees page.

It is possible that a card confirmation was initiated when an account was created. If that is the case, here's how to complete the process and receive the verification charge refund: https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/faq1948

If you made a payment, please check all your email folders in case our notification went to a folder other than your inbox.

I hope this helps.

-Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.