Does Paypal notify my customers before charging their credit card for a subscription renewal?

jthyder
Contributor
Contributor

I want to use the Subscribe feature to let customers subscribe to my newsletter, to encourage them to renew automatically.

But I want to make sure that they know a week or so in advance that the charge is about to be made, so they can cancel if they wish.

Is there any capability within Paypal to automatically send customers an e-mail notification?

If not, how can I tell when a renewal charge will be made so that I can send an e-mail myself?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Intars

Hi jthyder,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

Subscribers would receive a notification when they set up a recurring payment but functionality to send a reminder in advance is not available I'm afraid. Here's how to view your recurring payments and subscription profiles to send manual reminders: 

1. Click the Settings icon next to "Log out".
  2. Click Website payments on the left.
  3. Click Update next to "My automatic payments."

We appreciate hearing new thoughts and ideas from valued customers. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well, and what we need to focus on improving. I will be sure to pass this along to make sure that the correct set of eyes takes a look at this.

Intars

Login to Me Too

jthyder
Contributor
Contributor

I'd like to suggest that Paypal add the ability to send subscribers reminder e-mails at user-selected intervals. This could be after the sale (to thank them) and before the renewal, so they aren't taken by surprise by the renewal charge.

Personally, I hate having charges made to my bank and credit card accounts without notice, even if I want to continue the service or products. So I don't like subjecting my clients to this behavior.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Intars

Thank you for your feedback @jthyder. We appreciate hearing new thoughts and ideas from valued customers. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well, and what we need to focus on improving. We will be sure to pass this along to make sure that the correct set of eyes takes a look at this.

-Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.