Do I need a Business account to receive international payments?

Spartan200x
New Community Member

I am trying to sell internationally on Ebay.  I had a potential buyer from Australia say they could not choose paypal as an option.  

I don't use ebay or paypal much.  I used to have a premier personal account that I thought could accept international payments, but now I can not find those settings.  If I verify my account with a bank will that be enough or do I need a business account?  Do I just make up a legal business name if I do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Spartan200x 

If you're going to be a casual seller, not necessarily. Just link your PayPal to your eBay account and enter the correct PayPal email address in the eBay sale listing (important not to put the wrong PayPal email address in the listing!)

There are also personal and business eBay accounts too. Feel free to ask on the eBay discussion boards for more info on which accounts are best for your use:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Commonly-Asked-Questions/What-s-the-difference-between-a-personal-acco...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Spartan200x 

If you're going to be a casual seller, not necessarily. Just link your PayPal to your eBay account and enter the correct PayPal email address in the eBay sale listing (important not to put the wrong PayPal email address in the listing!)

There are also personal and business eBay accounts too. Feel free to ask on the eBay discussion boards for more info on which accounts are best for your use:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Commonly-Asked-Questions/What-s-the-difference-between-a-personal-acco...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.