Do I get a email or a notification when someone refunds my payment?

iambinx100
New Community Member

Hello, I sent some money to my friend with Friends and Family payment method. He said that it was on hold so he wants me to send it again. He said that he refunded the payment but i didn't get any notifications or emails from paypal. Did he really refund it? He said that it that is because this was on hold and it didnt actually go through yet, and paypal didnt release it to him yet so it is from their end to process the end, so he wants me to send him the same amount in a different way and thats why i didnt receive any notifications that he refunded my payment. Is this true??

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @iambinx100,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

In general, once a refund is issued, we would send you an email confirmation, and you would be able to see your payment as 'Refunded' in your PayPal account Activity. This occurs regardless of the status of the payment on the receiver's side. If you don't see the payment as 'Refunded', it means that the refund was not issued. In that case, I would recommend reaching out to the receiver directly. 

I hope this helps!

Martina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.