Dispute/Cancel payment Not Allowed

RiRi-
New Community Member
I bought tickets for Six Flags over Texas. My PayPal shows is awaiting Authorization but Six flags does not see ANYTHING in their system so they can not Cancel or Capture the payment. PayPal can see and refuses to cancel payment so I can have my funds available to purchase tickets again. I have been planning this trip for 3 months. I had to save and save to be able to do this for my sons 9th birthday. I have paid a hotel weeks ago that is non refundable. My sons birthday will be ruined if this is not resolved and I'll be out alot of money. I am single mom, I work full-time and attend school full-time as a business student. I cannot believe I worked at something so long for it to just be ruined by this. Its $82, PayPal can see it's not been captured, they can't cancel payment, they cost dispute the payment, all I was told is it could be 30-90 days for the money to be put back on my account if six flags ends up not capturing it within 30 days. Please, someone help me. I have 3 days to find a solution.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RiRi- 

PayPal is correct. Authorizations are agreements to pay between you and the merchant and can't be canceled or overridden by PayPal. The authorization is temporary (no longer than 30 days typically, although if PayPal says up to 90 days, alright then, I guess) and will expire on its own and drop completely from your PayPal account activity and the funds released if the merchant doesn't capture the payment. The authorization can't be disputed because its not a captured/completed payment.

Your plan b is to ask a close friend or family member to fund the tix for you for the time being. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RiRi- 

PayPal is correct. Authorizations are agreements to pay between you and the merchant and can't be canceled or overridden by PayPal. The authorization is temporary (no longer than 30 days typically, although if PayPal says up to 90 days, alright then, I guess) and will expire on its own and drop completely from your PayPal account activity and the funds released if the merchant doesn't capture the payment. The authorization can't be disputed because its not a captured/completed payment.

Your plan b is to ask a close friend or family member to fund the tix for you for the time being. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

RiRi-
New Community Member
Thanks... I will continue trying to work a miracle with six flags I guess.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.