Direct deposit time????

AlexaTilbrook
Contributor
Contributor

I need a straight answer. Not the run-around or a copy and paste answer. I set up direct deposit with the Cash Card debit MasterCard and my Social Security payment is SUPPOSED to be in on the third of EACH month. It's the third and zilch. SSA has the correct information. If I don't have that money, I'm **bleep**! (Don't bleep me because it's NOT a curse word!) I WILL be on the streets if that money is not in today! It's 1am Central Time and I'm still waiting! WHAT TIME DO DIRECT DEPOSITS ARRIVE??? I NEED A STRAIGHT ANSWER!!!

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

Sypin814
Contributor
Contributor
Yea it is weird because i got my pymt for August 3rd on the 1st but i dont see Sept yet kind of fit to be tied. And its aggravating because PayPal representatives cant tell you anything you will ask them directly and they skate around the question and give you a anwser that sounds like they are reading off a script. But i noticed that with all prepaid card companies. Not direct answers but anwsers they were taught to give and you have a better chance of winning the lottery than you would contacting paypal in the us.
Login to Me Too

Walt28
Contributor
Contributor
Ok the paypal debit card does not allow early access to your ssdi or any direct deposit early! The paypal pre-paid card serviced by netspend does up to 5 days early.
Login to Me Too

Jess813
I'm sitting here the day of my DD. It is 7:27 am and no money. It is payroll from a city. I got my money 2 weeks ago the day of my DD but it was there when I got up that morning. A little nervous here, but I am going to wait until 9 am before I call my supervisor to get payroll on it. So for the people asking if it is faster. No, in my case it's been the day of...and rn for todays deposit I am wondering if at all.
Login to Me Too

Jazieb93
Contributor
Contributor
Did you end up getting your DD if so what time ?
Login to Me Too

Jsmiley1210
Contributor
Contributor
Stressed out.. Chime and green dot paid me 5-8 days early.. VA benefits... But they're fees are terrible. So I'm trying paypal and it's less than 48 hours until the first but I'm dependent on at 3 days early at the latest... Is this common for government deposits to not be early with PayPal?
Login to Me Too

HisQueen0721
Contributor
Contributor
Absolutely not common at all in my case. I’ve done PayPal DD for my SSI government benefits going on 6 months. Every month PayPal Prepaid send me an email with projected DD dates and they always right on time. This month my husband got his in his account but I didn’t. When I called SSA I was told what the issue was. It had nothing to do with PayPal. It was a mistake made by an incompetent SSA case worker. Good luck to you.
Login to Me Too

Jsmiley1210
Contributor
Contributor
Projected dd dates? I haven't heard anything from them yet.. I wish they could say come get it, we're keeping it... Say something lol... It's a nightmare already having PTSD anxiety and already want to murder someone..
Login to Me Too

grsweet5196

When you say that you received emails with projected direct deposit dates. How do i do that? Or set that up so i can receive those emails also. Thanks

Login to Me Too

Walt28
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal is vague on purpose about direct deposit to their debut card. It dies NOT come early. Switch to the prepaid paypal
Login to Me Too

BlessednFavored
Contributor
Contributor
How do you switch to PayPal prepaid I actually thought that's what I have I can reload at stores so 🤷‍♀️🤔 isn't that prepaid? I'm confused please explain Thank you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.