Direct deposit time????

AlexaTilbrook
Contributor
Contributor

I need a straight answer. Not the run-around or a copy and paste answer. I set up direct deposit with the Cash Card debit MasterCard and my Social Security payment is SUPPOSED to be in on the third of EACH month. It's the third and zilch. SSA has the correct information. If I don't have that money, I'm **bleep**! (Don't bleep me because it's NOT a curse word!) I WILL be on the streets if that money is not in today! It's 1am Central Time and I'm still waiting! WHAT TIME DO DIRECT DEPOSITS ARRIVE??? I NEED A STRAIGHT ANSWER!!!

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

Vasquez1220
Contributor
Contributor
Same here I need to know this answer because I’ve always used netspend and I stupidly switched did you find an answer
Login to Me Too

BlessednFavored
Contributor
Contributor
I thought PayPal did that like my other cards like greendot & ace flare I was getting my disability 5 days early I received it when social security released it. I researched PayPal seen they Had early access to direct deposit But I didn't get early access 😒 I get my disability on 3rd Wednesday of each month & that's when it came & has for the last 3 months so I had to switch back to other account. 3rd Wednesday is late in the month especially when it falls on the 20th. I Need it a little sooner Hate I didn't get it early as you have because I Truly Love PayPal account, No Fees, I just like so many of the other features unfortunately I Have to have early access. Idk if only regular Social Security recipients get early access But Disability recipients Don't
Login to Me Too

Vasquez1220
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve never used dd with pay pal only net spend does it post on the same day as netspend ?
Login to Me Too

Elijahc177
Same here i need to know wasso
Login to Me Too

AndreaMoon
Contributor
Contributor

My employer, once the set up the payroll say on a Wednesday, I get the Money on a Friday, however I also have a percent go into my Jackson Hewitt American Express card and I get that a day sooner. 

It all depends on the bank your employer has, as well as the depositing bank such as PayPal's bank. It just all depends on the time the employer puts the deposit in. 

Login to Me Too

Molly126
Contributor
Contributor
You didnt answer how long it took?
Login to Me Too

RioDi3go
New Community Member
I heard its 5dsys faster for DD....hoping it keeps up to my Netspend account where I was recieving SSI DD on the 25th of every month unless that day fell on a weekend or holiday.Then it could be even faster.....I even liked the $80 overdraft package netspend gave me.. Use to really come in use...
Login to Me Too

BlessednFavored
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get yours early? I didn't & switched Back to Netspend. My Disability like yours comes late in the month on 3rd Wednesday of the month so I Needed that 5 day early access. Which is them giving access As Soon as Social Security Releases it. Never had Any problems getting the Friday Before 3rd Wed (5days early) with Netspend, Greendot Or Ace Flare. Hate PayPal for some reason doesn't have this For All direct deposits. It Is them Not the sender as they tried to tell me.
Login to Me Too

Walt28
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal prepaid serviced by netspend does come early same as netspend and links to ur paypal account
Login to Me Too

texas0035
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah, I just started and the first dad came one day earlier when I thought it was at least two days earlier. With Green Dot, mine was coming 5 to 7 days earlier. Too bad my account was hacked or something or I’d still get Green Dot dd, it’s a nightmare not knowing exactly when it’s gonna get deposited with PayPal, with Green Dot, there was no worries, it always came 5or 7 days earlier without fail, and I was able to order and write checks as well. I sure hope PayPal gets early dad and checks the same way, but more then anything else, I hope I can quickly resolve my bank debt history, get in good standing, and open another bank account
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.