Direct debit payment

MRS_N
Contributor
Contributor
I have seen in my bank that under direct debit section one PayPal payment occurs 47.65 . Last payment date 11 December 2019, and it’s also showing as upcoming bill ... for the next payment date 13 January with the same amount . I don’t remember this kind of link . How can I understand for which purpose I’m charging this ? Please help me out . If I stop this from direct bank will it be a problem for me ?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MRS_N 

When you add a bank account to paypal it sets up the direct debit mandate so that paypal can take authorised payments for any purchases you make (or pay your Ebay fees).
No company eg water/electric can take funds from your bank account on a regular basis without that direct debit.
However the amount shown is always the ''last'' transaction / amount that you paid to a seller via paypal.

The 'amount' can sometimes not be recognised if you used it as a part-payment with the rest coming from funds already in your paypal balance.

HOWEVER if thats not the case then check here as well........

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.