Direct debit Paypal? JPMC RE PAYPAL INTL LTD??

jennij
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone.

I looked at my standing DD Payments randomly at my online banking & i saw this 

"JPMC RE PAYPAL INTL LTD  Direct Debit  £22.50 Scheduled"

I roughly know something on my paypal that could POSSIBLY relate to a payment, but NOT continuous payment.

Could someone possibly help me with this? Im slightly worried.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

CannyScot1

Hi,

Just phoned paypal about this, as I too had this, on my online banking d/d instruction list. This is the recurring d/d instruction that paypal use to be able to debit amounts from your bank a/c. It will show the last payment that came out of your bank a/c (via paypal) and is nothing to worry about.

It is very easy and secure to call paypal and they are very helpful, if you have any queries. You can get in touch with paypal, by logging into your a/c on your PC/Laptop/Tablet and select the help and contact icon. This takes you to the telephone number to call. You will be shown a unique code, which you have to key into your telephone keypad on answering, thus making it very secure. You can then say what you want to talk about eg - standing orders d/debits etc. and you will be connected to an adviser, after that. There is not normally, long queue waiting times.

Hope this was of some help to you and stops you worrying.

Happy days:)

Regards,

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Do you mean you have that showing up in your direct debits on your online banking?

If so when you add a bank account to paypal it sets up a direct debit so you can pay sellers and withdraw funds to your bank account via the direct debit mandate.

Mine says £54 but its not monthly its just the last seller that i paid, then when i pay another seller it will change to that amount.

Same as my water bill which is £xxx but that does mean its monthly either its just the last time i paid. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jennij
Contributor
Contributor

i do yep, but i didnt pay a seller in the general sense.

Does it still do this if you pay a website?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you used paypal to pay them then yes.

You can also pay them as a guest buyer via paypal if they accept paypal on their website.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jennij
Contributor
Contributor

Oh right, so its safe? Its not gunna take £22.50 each month

Login to Me Too

AMelhuish
New Community Member

JPMC RE PAYPAL INT has taken £250 out of my bankl account without consulting me? I had had a trasaction for the same amount but I was refunded that amount 4 days prior so why is it that it has again taken that amount? is this right and can I get it refunded as I have now bought anything.

Login to Me Too

Tanyabeast2000
New Community Member
I had a payment of £25 come out my account yesterday with JPMC RE PAYPAL INTL LTD and rang my bank today who could recall it but when I tried contacting PayPal to ask why they had taken it they hung up on me. I am starting to wonder if PayPal is as safe as it claims to be!!!
Login to Me Too

dorelia
Contributor
Contributor

What does this mean?

Login to Me Too

lmorris
New Community Member

Hi, its happening to me also, just found out today

Login to Me Too

12honey88

i wake up this morning and check my bank account that jpmc has deduct my money from my barclays account 

but when i check my paypal it doest show the payment detials .. i call the bank right away and they said its a fraud activity the bank return back the money and cancel the payment save my £1400 

anyone have experiance this before?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.