Direct Deposit

Yun3
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I've been getting my unemployment checks through PayPal since late August with no problems receiving it until today. The PayPal website says that they do direct deposit in batches throughout the day of your payday by 8 PM ET. Has anyone gotten there direct deposit this late into the day? I'm VERY worried I won't get my deposit that I need and I have tripled check on the unemployment website and it says my direct deposit has been deposited.
Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

Jmjm1984jmjm
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened. It's now been ,24hiurs still nothing. customer service on the phone said I had no history of such deposit. I had to go get the transaction numbers of past deposits and she still tried to tell me nothing like that had come through. Now I'm waiting for an email...15 hours later.
Login to Me Too

Yun3
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. I'm still waiting as well for my direct deposit. Nothing has been deposited and I'm getting worried as the minutes go by.
Login to Me Too

Starrboys9268
Contributor
Contributor
I’m still waiting for my direct deposit as well, which normally posts on Wednesday. What number did you call for Wells Fargo?
Login to Me Too

Yun3
Contributor
Contributor
I didn't call Wells Fargo. I contacted PayPal yesterday via chat as well as over the phone. The representative that got back to me via chat said if I didn't receive my direct deposit by this morning to contact them again so they can start a trace on it. I am tempted now to maybe call Wells Fargo and see what they say.
Login to Me Too

temp201206f
Contributor
Contributor
Hopefully they will post soon they really should keep ppl informed better about these situations,we need to know about our Money my check is UI so I definitely need it or at least information so I’m not just stressing this year has been stressful enough
Login to Me Too

Yun3
Contributor
Contributor
I completely agree. I am in the same situation as you. I called the unemployment office this morning and I'm in their que for a callback. I also called Wells Fargo and they told me that we don't have an account at Wells Fargo and that I needed to contact PayPal. I'll keep you posted on this forum. I'm going to reach out to PayPal at 5 AM PT via chat and see what information I can get.
Login to Me Too

Yun3
Contributor
Contributor
My direct deposit just posted to my account.
Login to Me Too

temp201206f
Contributor
Contributor
Mine as well...
Login to Me Too

Brad2401
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same issue now I contacted unemployment they sent out the direct deposit on Thursday talk to PayPal this morning where it was a holiday yesterday figured it would hit today never had this problem before it's always been 48 hours from the time it's sent to them they're telling me it could be up to Friday before I see it because they're overwhelmed this is absolutely ridiculous how do they make an excuse saying they're overwhelmed when I'm wondering how I'm going to feed my family tonight because of their incompetence
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.