Direct Deposit question

DanJMaine
New Community Member

I've seen the instructions on how to set up Direct Deposit but I can't "Set Up Direct Deposit" on my profile page.  Can anyone help?  Is DD only available for business accounts or personal too?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DanJMaine wrote:

I've seen the instructions on how to set up Direct Deposit but I can't "Set Up Direct Deposit" on my profile page.  Can anyone help?  Is DD only available for business accounts or personal too?

Simply link a bank account to your PayPal via the wallet page. After confirming the bank account, you may transfer money to your bank account from your PayPal Balance. If you want to add money to your PayPal account it is not necessary, especially if your account is newish. PayPal prefers you to simply select your bank account as the payment method during checkout or sending money.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@DanJMaine

Hi Dan,

Direct deposit needs to be added to your account. For Personal accounts, the way to add direct deposit to your PayPal account is to sign up for the PayPal Cash debit card. The Cash debit card is for Personal accounts only. When you sign up for the Cash card you will see bank account and routing details in your profile, you would then give these details to an employer or a benefits provider.

Here are PayPal links with details.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/cash-card

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/is-direct-deposit-available-with-paypal-faq3343

One way for a Business account to gain access to direct deposit would be to sign up for the PayPal Prepaid card through the Business account, which would then add the Prepaid card to the account wallet so that it could be used for purchases—using the funds from the direct deposit account. This is different from the Cash debit card because the direct deposit feature isn't directly added into the PayPal account itself.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.