Digital Rebates

osc17mic
New Community Member

I recently made a purchase for alcohol from safeway using my Just For You account.  There was a digital rebate available for this purchase and my receipt said I redeemed it and it would be added to my paypal account.  However, I am not seeing this rebate anywhere!  Does this take some time to hit account?

Login to Me Too
60 REPLIES 60

mbient
Contributor
Contributor

After 1 1/2 months, I finally received the $15 Safeway rebate that was to be 'AUTOMATICALLY' posted to my PayPal account.  After 5 non-productive phone calls, I finally spoke with a Safeway Customer Service agent, by the name of Christine, who took ownership of the issue (a very rare occurrence with any Customer Service desk) and she got the Coupons.com email resent, I clicked on the proper button and the process was started, but not completed.  After waiting another 5 days, I contacted coupons support and got them to get off their keister and process the rebate.  I finally received it and quickly transferred it to my bank.  Never ever again will I be lured by a rebate to my PayPal account.  I did email PayPal and got a very thoughtful, but totally unrelated reply from an agent, Asha, probably in Pakistan.  Clearly, this organization is not ready for prime time. 

Login to Me Too

cp7309
New Community Member

I received an email from coupons.com and had to accept the rebate by acknowledging my email address. I will need to follow up to make sure I get the rebate in paypal. Thanks to this forum I saw that some others did the same. I had initially deleted the email from coupons.com. 

Login to Me Too

lambertdenae
Contributor
Contributor

How does this get worked out? Or has it been yet? It is supposed to be automatic... but I am not sure how or when I will see the rebates. Do we need to mail something somewhere or is it linked automatically? Signed, Confused...

Login to Me Too

hermeny
Contributor
Contributor
you'll get an email about a week after purchase from coupons.com with instructions, click on it and follow directions then wait about 8 weeks. easy once you find the email, but my email got lost in SPAM
Login to Me Too

stef21cville
Contributor
Contributor
I never got an email.
Login to Me Too

bobagent21
Contributor
Contributor

Do you have a Safeway justforu account? If not then they will never know where do send you the e-mail from coupons.com. They track when you either enter your phone number when you check out or swipe your justforu card. 

Login to Me Too

Azjgray
New Community Member
The just for you rebate in Arizona was for $25, still havent received it.
Login to Me Too

LuckyBob52
Contributor
Contributor

I assume if the alleged rebate e-mail ever came to me I got washed out to sea in the spam flood. This program really reflects poorly on Safeway, Budweiser and PayPal. I can't imagine who set up such a convoluted boondoggle of a scheme apparently designed to frustrate consumers and create ill-will toward all three companies, causing one and all to question their competence. Of course it went so well a few months ago, that I see they are repeating with a similar offer again this week. The stupidity, it stupefies. If anyone has found a functional solution for getting the e-mails re-sent or actually getting the rebate to come through, please share. You'll probably win some kind of Nobel prize.

Login to Me Too

malikang
Contributor
Contributor
Hi- I know it was super frusterating to figure out but I emailed Safeway the first when it happened and they explained what might have happened and credited by just4you account with the rebate right away and apologized so theres that. For it to work right your Just4you email and your paypal email need to be the same. Or at least that was the issue in my case. And I have since done it again and it worked. Hope that helps.
Login to Me Too

LuckyBob52
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the further insights. I do have different e-mail accounts for Just for You and PayPal, so that's a likely culprit. Do you recall who you e-mailed at Safeway? I've sent a couple and received no response.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.