Digital Rebates

osc17mic
New Community Member

I recently made a purchase for alcohol from safeway using my Just For You account.  There was a digital rebate available for this purchase and my receipt said I redeemed it and it would be added to my paypal account.  However, I am not seeing this rebate anywhere!  Does this take some time to hit account?

Login to Me Too
60 REPLIES 60

mbient
Contributor
Contributor

Safeway's Customer Service confirmed the PayPal Rebate issue was a known problem, had affected multiple customers and Safeway's IT Dept was working on resolving it.  No timeline provided for resolution, but phone agent said she was escalating my issue to investigators - again.  Always a concern when I am told it's an IT problem.

Login to Me Too

Akaannie
Mine has been “escalated” 3 times with no success. It’s been 2 months since I made the purchase at Vons!! Now I just feel like a fool!
Login to Me Too

stef21cville
Contributor
Contributor

Just did the Miler lite/ Coors purchase at Safeway - Purchase any 2 - 20 packs or higher cans or bottles and get the rebate for 12.00 via paypal in 3-5 business days.  Mine was 3/1, and haven't seen anything yet.  I just happened to google it to see if there was another way to submit it, and saw this seems to be an issue.  I can't believe paypal would allow this to continue.  Coors Brewing is using false advertising to sell product and not coming thru with the offer!  Paypal is allowing them to use their name on the offer as well.  

Login to Me Too

divebob
Contributor
Contributor
This has happened to me twice now. It's BS....I'm gonna make a stink about it.
Login to Me Too

malikang
Contributor
Contributor

I know it's initially frustrating but once you get it to work- it's actually the easiest rebate ever- you virtually do nothing and you get money back.  Here is what I did/you may need to do:

1.  Your paypal email and your Safeway/Albertson loyalty email need to match prior to purchase

2.  Make the purchase entering in your loyalty number

3. Within a day or two you'll get an email from coupons.com

4.  Open up email and click redeem and the rebate will automatically come to your paypal account in whatever time frame they say- I think 6-8 weeks.  Hope that helps!

Login to Me Too

beowoulf2000
Contributor
Contributor

No.   This is not a "solution". The steps listed above are clearly shown on the details section for the specific e-coupon.  I'm sure most have us who are being given the runaround have complied.  

Login to Me Too

Temp20230525ak
Contributor
Contributor
I had it work one time. That was last month. I had one unsuccessful prior to that and now 2 unsuccessful rebates since the successful one. They are showing on my receipts. I will be calling today.
Login to Me Too

kfrgn
Contributor
Contributor

I first posted on Aug 9th about a rebate purchase from 7/4.  I still have not received it.  I did get it all the way to the top of the Coupons.com team.  I had a screenshot of the rebate offer and my receipt.  I finally got an email saying that they would process when I reply with a "Yes".  I tried to reply and got delivery error.  Ugggg!!!!  I called Safeway customer support yet again, (15th time, I think).  When I forwarded him the email I received, it showed buttons to click on to send response.  Because I have a yahoo account, the buttons to click on don't appear in my email because yahoo thinks they are spam links and blocks them.  About a week later I got another email saying that a regular reply would work now.  That was Sept 21st.  I immediately sent a reply of "YES, Please process rebate".  So nothing comes in on my PayPal account.  On October 3rd, I got an email saying that the refund ticket was closed and that the problem was resolved....STILL NO REBATE in my PayPal account.  What a hassle!!!!  I plan on calling Safeway customer service manager again tomorrow.  I have done roughly a dozen of these rebates and had problems with 4 of them.  2 have been resolved and 2 are still outstanding.  They (Safeway AND Coupons.com) need to write better computer programs for these rebates.  Twice I told that the rebates expired prior to purchase.  ???  But I had the screenshots showing a different date.  They are definitely not on the same page.  When the rebate works, it's simple!  But when it doesn't, it is a real pain in **bleep** to get them to process it.

Login to Me Too

Ubfig
Contributor
Contributor

aloney. I received nothing from Coupons.com.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.