Different payment choices on different merchant sites?

chuck718
Contributor
Contributor

Recently added my Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa to my Paypal wallet, to take advantage of the 5% cash back via Paypal offer.  I let paypal add all my Chase cards via "Chase Pay" - which also picked up two additional cards.  Even made this one my default payment option.

Hoping to use it for a purchase at bjs.com (BJ's Wholesale Club).  Frustratingly, it doesn't show up in the payment options when I check out with Paypal - nor the other newly-added Chase cards - but those *do* show up as payment options when I go to check out from a different merchant.  Sadly, I don't have anywhere near $1500 to purchase from that, or any, other merchant for the rest of the month.  Paypal chat & phone help has not, er, helped.

Any ideas why this card won't show up as a Paypal payment option for this merchant?  Suggested remedies?  If I can't use this card directly on my bjs.com purchase, is there maybe a place I can use Paypal to buy a $1500 virtual credit card, which I can then use (almost) immediately?

Thanks!

C

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chuck718 

Are the cards confirmed with the temporary charge and PayPal 4-digit code?

Maybe its because some cards are directly linked to your PayPal Wallet and some are not, and is linked via Chase Pay. That's the only thing I can think of. And you are only being shown certain cards depending on which e-Wallet you use (PayPal or Chase Pay). Then it's also possible that for some merchant sites, certain payment methods are designated as the default because of the billing agreement set up in your automatic payment page:

Go to Account Settings (gear icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments

Select merchant on left, click Edit (pencil icon) on the right to change payment method.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chuck718 

Are the cards confirmed with the temporary charge and PayPal 4-digit code?

Maybe its because some cards are directly linked to your PayPal Wallet and some are not, and is linked via Chase Pay. That's the only thing I can think of. And you are only being shown certain cards depending on which e-Wallet you use (PayPal or Chase Pay). Then it's also possible that for some merchant sites, certain payment methods are designated as the default because of the billing agreement set up in your automatic payment page:

Go to Account Settings (gear icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments

Select merchant on left, click Edit (pencil icon) on the right to change payment method.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.