Didn't recieve payment, nor any notification whatsoever

Lialuu
Contributor
Contributor
About a month ago I was supposed to recieve money via paypal.me for a commission work. The buyer confirmed he had sent the money, provided screenshots too, but not only did i not see it anywhere in my account or my transaction history, i also didn't recieve any sort of notification or notice whatsoever. At first I thought it's probably that infamous 21 day hold, since my account is relatively new. It has been a whole month since then,and still no trace of the money at all. I would appreciate any sort of help. Thanks in advance
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Madhubala1
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Lialuu,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry for the trouble caused. I can understand that you are referring about the payment hold. You can click here and check why the payment has been placed under hold. 

I hope this helps. 
Madhubala1

Login to Me Too

Lialuu
Contributor
Contributor
This does not help at all. Like I said, I haven't recieved a single word about my payment. Even if its on a 21 day hold (which has already passed), I should've gotten a notification of some kind. I want to know where my money is. Is it on hold? If so, how long until i finally recieve it? And why didn't i get any sort of notice about it?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Madhubala1 

If the funds were on hold they would show in his paypal account surely?

@Lialuu 

Double check the email address the funds were sent to and make sure there were no spelling errors.

Have you confirmed your email address and received funds before?

Are you sure it wasn't a scam with fake paypal emails?

Were the funds sent in a currency you have added to your paypal wallet if not your default countries currency?

Have you asked the sender if its showing as completed or unclaimed on their paypal account?

Are you sure you haven't purchased something and paypal deducted the funds from your balance ie that buyers payment?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lialuu
Contributor
Contributor
Nope, no spelling errors or any of the sort. Yes, i have confirmed my email address, and my credit card aswell. Like i said, the transfer occurred via PayPal.me, not via email. I know the buyer personally, he's not a scammer. The funds were sent in plain and simple US dollars. On his end, the transfer is still pending, basically the money is floating in the air with no one having it. I do not use my PayPal for any sort of online purchase, nor have i even bought anything online in months. Everything was set up for a perfect transfer, yet none of us have heard from the money for more than a month now. I looked it up on google, and i saw dozens of other people with the same exact issues. Its honestly getting kind of frustrating, and i am genuinely considering switching to a different service. A simple money transfer should not cause such major inconveniences to anyone.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lialuu 

If its pending on the senders side then its either.........

Echeque but should have cleared by now.

Currency issue and you have not added that currency to your paypal wallet.

Email error ie spelling mistake or old one.

Email not confirmed.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lialuu
Contributor
Contributor
For the last time, no it's NONE of those. I literally just said that everything was set up well on both ends. Which means the issue has to be with Paypal. By the way, i did a bit of digging and found a handful of people with even more serious issues than mine. I've seen people who had Paypal sit on their money for 6 MONTHS. How can a company be this incompetent? And why does their customer support repeat the same freaking things over and over again, while not giving a proper answer to my still standing question: WHERE IS MY MONEY?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lialuu 

Sorry I gave up my time to try and help you.

BYE THEN hope you sort it but personally I couldn't care one way or another as you are so rude.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.