Depop purchase didn't go through but money left my card

rakelbirgis
New Community Member

Hello, so I just purchased an item off of Depop but during the payment transaction the process froze. The money has gone out of my card attached to my paypal account but the sale didn't go through and I have a message from paypal saying the following: 

"Pending 6.429 ISK payment. On 8 April 2021, you authorized a payment of 6.429 ISK on your card xx-XXXX. If the payment is voided for any reason, the pending amount won't be charged. It may take a few days for this to show on your card statement.

I don't understand why my payment is pending, there is no other trace of the transaction on depop or paypal so I cant make formal resolution request but the money has gone out of my card. I don´t really know what to do now. 
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rakelbirgis 

It is pending because it is an authorization, not a captured payment. Some merchants use the two step method payment processing instead of one. In the two step method, the funds are “held in reserve” aka the authorization and awaiting for the merchant to capture. If payment fails, the funds can’t be captured so the authorization needs time to expire and release the funds from reserve back to your original funding source. This can take a week, up to 30 days. Beyond 30 days, you can contact PayPal or your funding source (bank account or debit/credit card) to void the authorization manually.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

annaswales
New Community Member
Hi, wondering if you ever got your money back? This has just happened to me and I'm just worried I won't see that money again.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.