Depop advertising fee?

AshevilleJam
Contributor
Contributor

Can someone explain what this fee is about?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Lifegrrr
Contributor
Contributor

I finally figured this out.  The advertising fee is Depop taking their shipping $ back and their commission.  So the money you get in your paypal account is what the buyer paid minus the Paypal fee.  Then the payment that comes out of your paypal account is the "advertising fee" which isn't really an advertising fee. It's the shipping and the commission to Depop. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

Lifegrrr
Contributor
Contributor

I finally figured this out.  The advertising fee is Depop taking their shipping $ back and their commission.  So the money you get in your paypal account is what the buyer paid minus the Paypal fee.  Then the payment that comes out of your paypal account is the "advertising fee" which isn't really an advertising fee. It's the shipping and the commission to Depop. 

Login to Me Too

Fresia9860
New Community Member
So they don’t actually charge you the $8 ? It’s just the Depop shipping fee that the buyer actually pays? I’m confused. Thanks
Login to Me Too

marilynharlow
Right, nobody has been able to answer this question 😞 it doesnt make sense, if the buyer is paying for shipping why would they take the funds out of OUR PayPal accounts.. Depop keeps over drafting my account due to this very reason! -8.00 of "advertising" taken out of a $12 order every few days is NOT OKAY.... 😕
Login to Me Too

marilynharlow
Hi, when the buyer is supposed to be paying for the shipping why would it still charge our accounts? Why would they ever need to take as much as $8 out of our accounts for orders with $3.50 shipping that the buyer pays?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.