Depop Froze my sellers account?

57ump
Contributor
Contributor

So I recently bought an Xbox through Depop which the person I bought it off (paying through depop/paypal) is saying my purchase has froze their account. I've had a in depth conversation with the seller asking about how we can unfreeze it because obviously I would like the item asap. He seems to think if I confrim the recipt on my end  then it should mean that his account is unfrozen but, if I do this, PayPal say I can no longer dispute this. I don't want to confirm it but at the same time I also want my item, should I confirm the receipt to unlock his account or is this all a scam? 

Any advice helps,

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

rnatividad
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @57ump 

Having you confirm receipt of the item will not remove any restrictions on the sellers account. There is a difference between the funds being held and the account itself getting restricted.

If the seller's Depop account is the ome restricted, kindly advise them to reach out to Depop. It is high risk for you to confirm the receipt if you haven't really gotten it yet. 

All the best. Stay safe! 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

rnatividad
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @57ump 

Having you confirm receipt of the item will not remove any restrictions on the sellers account. There is a difference between the funds being held and the account itself getting restricted.

If the seller's Depop account is the ome restricted, kindly advise them to reach out to Depop. It is high risk for you to confirm the receipt if you haven't really gotten it yet. 

All the best. Stay safe! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.