Denied - Payment received

Kelsey6
Contributor
Contributor

My grandmother sent me $20 thru Facebook. My PayPal account was what I had set up at the time, but I couldn’t access it. So I entered a friends credit card info to receive the money. I got into my PayPal account and denied the initial payment. That was a week ago and my grandmother still hasn’t received her money back. My account history shows the payment but says “Denied- Money Received” Where could the money be?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Kelsey6

Here is a PayPal link with details on denied payments.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/my-payment-was-denied,-but-the-money-has-not-been-return...

As for linking someone else's card or bank account; PayPal request that users only link financial accounts that are registered in the PayPal account holders name. The only exception is linking the financial accounts of a spouse.

Login to Me Too

AbadFarrukh
New Community Member
Did anything change??
Login to Me Too

OublietteDesign
Contributor
Contributor
I am having the same issue the buyer said he encountered an error saying payment couldn't be completed due to regulations. I didn't touch anything now the payment says denied money received. What does this mean and I never got an email stating paypal got any money. There is no holds or pending deposits.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.