Delta Refund / UATP

MDCR
Contributor
Contributor

Really need help in resolving this refund issue. PayPal refuses to help.  It's all chat and always refer us to PayPal Credit. This involves Delta Airlines refund of $[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]X 4) due to flight cancellation and the tickets were purchased using PayPal credit. We received email and refund confirmation from Delta on September 9, 2020 that funds were processed and released to PayPal; however, we only received refund of [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]X 2) that was posted on my PayPal account on September 11, 2020.

We contacted Paypal Credit (Synchrony Bank) a[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]as per Paypal instruction and gave them the UATP authorization numbers provided by Delta Airlines after numerous phone conversations with Delta. Paypal credit replied they cannot give us the refund but will need to file a dispute to investigate because the refund should have been automatically credited to our account when it was sent by Delta Airlines on September 11, 2020. Paypal credit also told us they cannot release the funds using the authorization numbers. If they cannot do it, then who is authorized to release the funds? 

Please note the initial transactions were done through Paypal on June 4, 2019. Flight scheduled for July 2020 was cancelled by Delta Airlines. Delta Airlines sent four refunds to Paypal on September 9, 2020. On December 22, 2020, we again contacted Delta Airlines for the nth time and was told all four refunds were already sent to Paypal. 

We contacted PayPal and PayPal Credit again in November and December 2020, then January and February 2021 and every time they told us to file a dispute.  We would appreciate if anyone had the same issues and share how it was resolved.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MDCR
Contributor
Contributor

The Delta airlines refund was a total o[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]26 was refunded by PayPal to us. So, we have been contacting PayPal since September to refund us the other $1619.26 but they have been giving us the run around. We even provided PayPal the 4 authorizations that Delta Airlines sent us for the funds to be released in UATP.  Can anybody please help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.