Default account

RCL1967
New Community Member

I have my credit card set up as my preferred payment method, but my latest payment was taken from my bank account. Any idea why?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RCL1967

Do you use PAD at all?

Have you done this.........

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your prefered way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed.

Also before you click to submit payment it always tells you the funding source that is going to be used, so all you have to do is click on 'change' and swap it if you want to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

temp20190524
New Community Member

I had set up my credit card to be the default payment type in settings as well.

At some point in time, paypal decided to branch all payments into two types of payments. For recurring payments, paypal decided to go rogue and use my bank account instead of the credit card I had already indicated for ALL payments.

The bank account I have listed is no longer used, so I incurred overdraft fees from my bank.

Paypal won't let me delete the bank account so I'm stuck with them potentially doing this to me again?

Unreal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.