Default Payment Method for Subscription; TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Onlythumper
Contributor
Contributor

So I'm having an issue with a subscription that randomly/suddenly switched from my primary default account (bank draft) to my credit card on file. There was no reason for this as I had ample funds in my bank account a few months later when it switched over. My subscription started in September, and both September and October went through fine. November comes around and my payment is declined (because for some reason the payment method was switched to the credit card, which was at it's limit at the time) and thus my software subscription was then cancelled by the vendor.

WTF Paypal?

Nothing changed, I did not touch the subscription, I had ample funds. Enlighten me?

I attempted to start a new subscription as I need the software in order to run my independent business, and even after double/triple/quadruple checking my default payment method and the SELECTED payment method at checkout, I clicked submit.

ONCE AGAIN.... my credit card was charged instead of my bank draft. Wow. Good going Paypal. Much smart. So brains.

I have already contacted the vendor, and on their end everything appears fine. I have attempted to contact Paypal via email with no response. I spent 10 minutes on the phone with their impossible automated system only to be placed in a queue that supposedly would take nearly an hour to wait through. I waited on the phone for about 30 minutes before giving up (which is what they hope you do).

I sent another email, but I am not holding my breath. I'm being forced to use a payment method that I don't want to use for a subscription that I need.

What a terrible way to do business... Robot Mad

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Onlythumper

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Onlythumper
Contributor
Contributor

uhhh... that's the exact method I used to call in already. So yeah, not doing that again if it's going to be an hour wait on the phone. No I haven't contacted them via twitter or other social media. I don't feel like social media is a very professional or secure platform for customer service, especially when pertaining to my finances.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Onlythumper

Well thats up to you, however paypal customer services works via facebook and twitter and often reply to posts on here advising you to contact them via that media..........but if you don't want to no problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.