Declined/Refund

Kat_P13
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone had their payment declined by someone and PayPal shows the status as refunded but then it showed Up in your bank account “pending”? The decline and the refund were literally minutes apart and it showed up in my account two days later. Is this normal?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Sharingiscaring
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Kat_P13,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!
If your refund status is pending, it means the transaction was refunded before it cleared your bank, or the seller issued the refund using money from their bank which has not cleared yet. This process takes 3-5 business days to complete. Once the process is completed, the refund will be credited to your bank account. If you initially paid for the transaction with your credit or debit card, the refund will be credited to that card within 30 days. I've found this article that may help:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/where-is-my-refund-faq1212

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Sharingiscaring
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Kat_P13,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!
If your refund status is pending, it means the transaction was refunded before it cleared your bank, or the seller issued the refund using money from their bank which has not cleared yet. This process takes 3-5 business days to complete. Once the process is completed, the refund will be credited to your bank account. If you initially paid for the transaction with your credit or debit card, the refund will be credited to that card within 30 days. I've found this article that may help:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/where-is-my-refund-faq1212

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.