Debit funds denied by Paypal because it was for legal online gambling in KY

Gregory29
Contributor
Contributor

I recently attempted to transfer funds from my Paypal debit acct. to the KY Lottery for legal online gambling. It was denied by Paypal because of the online gambling. I am surprised that Paypal has the right to decide how I spend my money. Have others had any experience with this. I could easily see this being a class action lawsuit in the future.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gregory29 

You agreed to their legal user agreement and acceptable use policy when you opened your account.

If you don't agree with it then you don't have to use their site............your choice really.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Gregory29
Contributor
Contributor
I read over the agreement and cannot find any part that gives them this authority. Please quite me the portion of the agreement you refer to. I need enlightenment! Without a response from you I will assume there is none. Thank you for your help. Also, please advise how one becomes a volunteer advisor.
Login to Me Too

Gregory29
Contributor
Contributor
Typo. .. I meant to say please “quote” me the... in my above post. Sorry!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gregory29 

Try reading paypals acceptable use policy that you agreed to when you joined.

There is a section on there on gambling and you have to get pre-approval before you are allowed to continue............and your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.