Customers' Payment Denied when using Paypal Guest

thesadiesparks
New Community Member

Good day! I am from the Philippines and I have a Shopify store. My client (also in Philippines) wants to pay using Paypal Express Checkout (using VISA Debit/Credit Card) as GUEST only, not creating Paypal account. But it is not working. Error says "Your credit card is declined. Please try another one." So I tried to do a test purchase and I tried using both my personal Mastercard and Visa debit cards and I get the same error message for both cards. Please help! Thank you!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

smci15
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same problem. Has this been resolved? There's no reply from the admin/community for months now.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @smci15,

Sorry to hear your buyer is having problems making this payment. We would suggest asking them to reach out to our support team directly using the 'Help & Contact' option at the bottom of any PayPal page. It sounds like the card is being declined which may be for many different reasons. You can also ask them to make sure the name and address registered to the card matches what they are entering for the payment details. 

Hope this helps,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

iswarya1
Contributor
Contributor

Im also facing the same issue . is the issue resolved ?, please share the fix details . it will be of great help.

Login to Me Too

duelly2003
Contributor
Contributor

All of the customer's details are correct.  Please help us.  The system should give us a detailed reason for the decline.  Although, since there are others experiencing this, I have a feeling this is a PayPal system problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.