Customer wants to change address

PanStone
Contributor
Contributor

Okay... how do I handle this one?

Customer made a purchase then emails me asking me to change the delivery address.  Before PayPal started keeping our fees on refunds, I would tell the customer that PayPal's policy is that I must ship to the address given at time of payment and that we would need to cancel the order and they can reorder with correct address.

If I do that now, I'll be charged twice for the one purchase.  Is there no way around this?  Are there no exceptions to the rule?  Is this fair?  Or should I just tell the customer that it's too late?  He should have paid more attention?  He'll just have to find a way to retrieve his package from IL, even though he's now in TX?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PanStone
Contributor
Contributor

We should at least be given a 24 hour grace period.  If a refund is issued within 24 hours of the payment, the transaction would be considered void and all fees refunded.  Now there's a compromise I could live with.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @PanStone,

I'm sorry to hear of the dilemma you face. As the seller in the situation, the choice of how to proceed is yours. You can ship the package to the address in the transaction details which would potentially result in a bounced delivery and unhappy buyer, or refund the payment at the loss of the fee, or ship it to a different address at greater risk since the eligibility requirements will not be met if a different address is used. None of the solutions are ideal, and I understand how frustrating that is. I recommend the refund scenario.

The suggestion you make is definitely a valid consideration. I appreciate your feedback and I will pass it along!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.