Customer payment

Tanisha95
Contributor
Contributor
Customer said they paid in full and I received a email in my spam regarding paypal. The email itself looks a bit off . She claims to of sent the agreed payment but when I look in my paypal account wallet nothing is there and nothing flags up about the payment being received ?? Am I being scammed
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tanisha95 

IS IT THIS SCAM?

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a direct Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails may go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tanisha95
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your reply . It has really distressed me knowing that these type of scams are happening . I felt so confused when I didn’t see the payment in my wallet but it was showing in the email that she had paid in full. wow I’m in disbelief! The email looked very dodgy had all sorts of different colour writing . The email also said that the money will be kept until I release further details of myself then I’ll get the money ! Also on top the email insisted I got to my local bank and pay £270 to have my money released from seeing that I thought someone odd was going on . she then had the audacity to say I stole her disability money which I clearly didn’t my balance standS on £0 still . I had to block her and decline any further email from this scammer lady . Her name is BRIDGE MANDY !! Becareful to all who buy and sell online
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tanisha95 

Your welcome, scam has been ongoing for at least 10 years, name won't be real.

They use fake names / hijacked email addresses / and work out of an internet cafe often in another continent.

Glad I logged on to help and saw your post.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tanisha95
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the eyesight into this I will be more aware than ever. I’ll most likely stick to cash in hand as online can be a bit tricky due to the rise of scammers this year aswell . Your. I was made to feel like I was in the wrong I am now at ease thank you very much 😎😎
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.