Customer not able to make payment without opening a Paypal account

fraggiwinks
Contributor
Contributor

I have  a customer that is trying to buy a product from my site.  She is in France and when the order is taking her from the site to Paypal, she is not getting the option to make payment without opening a paypal account.  This usually works fine, but for some reason this is not working for her.  Any idea how to resolve this?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @fraggiwinks,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

In general, for security reasons, our system may prevent the use of paying through guest checkout. You can also visit our dedicated website for more information or to file a ticket to have the issue looked into in more details. 

I hope this helps.

Martina 

Login to Me Too

fraggiwinks
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

After digging a little deeper, we found out that paypal doesn't allow payment by debit/credit cards in certain regions without signing up for an account.  In this case, the customer was in France, and France is one of those regions.  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @fraggiwinks,

Just as a friendly clarification, all regions should allow our buyers to checkout as a Guest. However there may be some restrictions based on the buyer's history with PayPal and also certain PayPal checkout options. For instance, a user who uses the same bank card or email address to make multiple one-time transactions may be asked to activate their PayPal account.

For the most part, this functionality is mainly governed by our Security System. Our Security System monitors and reviews all actions and transactions that process through our system. If the action or transaction somehow presents a higher than normal level or risk, that action or transaction may not be able to be performed. 

Thanks for reaching out to us via our Community Forums, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.