Customer in Sweden says they can't pay invoice without opening an account

captainroy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello -

I have a customer in Sweden who wants to purchase something.  I only use Paypal, but they claimed they don't have an account and don't want to open one.  No problem, I said, having an account isn't necessary.  But when I sent them the invoice, they reported they couldn't pay without an account.  I sent them the following link from Paypal on how to pay without an account:

https://www.paypal.com/gd/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-pay-for-a-payment-request-or-invoice-faq2206

They tried again and they said these instructions don't work.  They sent me a screen shot of what they're seeing.  When they click on "pay invoice" from the e-mail they receive, they are indeed taken to a screen that gives them only two options.  Either login or create an account.  There are no other options.  Any other advice I can give them?  I've been doing this for years and I've never run in to this before. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @captainroy,

In some situations, a buyer may reach specific thresholds that would indeed require them to create an account and verify their identity. Those thresholds can vary from country to country and wouldn't have anything to do with you as the merchant in this situation. If the buyer still needs assistance, they are more than welcome to contact us directly by following the Contact link at the bottom of our website. We'll be happy to help them in any way we can. 

Thank you!

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.