Currency

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Hi, I have purchased the item in the amount of 559 USD. The bank card linked to the paypal account is Georgia (the country) and the currency in Georgia is Georgian Lari (GEL), however the card I have linked to paypal has prior currency in USD, therefore I always make transaction with this card is USD. In the invoice paypal indicated that the item I have purchased for 559 USD is equal to 1919.23 GEL, (which is totally incorrect, according to the national currency 559 USD= 1850 GEL) and send the request to my bank to transfer to paypal 1919.23 GEL,I do not understand why it requested GEL when I had USD on my account. After that my bank deducted 1919.23 GEL from my account which was calculated as 589 USD. Because of paypal have lost 30 USD. what can I do? I wanted to by the item in the amount of 559 USD and ended up paying 589 USD. I also contacted the customer service but no answer from them.

P.S I have also contacted my bank but they assured me that it is all paypal's issue not bank's.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.